The world of higher education and workforce is changing. But is federal policy keeping up? Across the country policymakers, practitioners and employers are working together toward the 21st-century system of higher learning today’s students deserve. Their expertise, knowledge, and insights are critical to informing federal policy changes.
That’s why earlier this year, Higher Learning Advocates recruited and announced our Champions Network—a group of bipartisan higher education reform leaders united in their support for quality, outcomes, and affordability and putting today’s students at the center of policy. Today, we’re proud to announce the newest additions to the Network:
- Scot McLemore, Manager of Talent Acquisition at Honda North America, Inc.
- Elaina Mule, Charles Schwab
- Stephanie Shaw, Executive Director of the Eastern Ohio Education Partnership
- Jason Smith, Partnerships Executive Director at Bridging Richmond
- Aaron Thompson, President of the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
- Dr. Tonjua Williams, President of St. Petersburg College
- Jan Yoshiwara, Executive Director of the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
From the president of an Aspen Prize-winning community college to state system heads and leaders in workforce, philanthropy and business, this diverse and distinctive group of institutional, state and local leaders represent some of the most innovative practices and policy solutions. Explore the latest Champions and their stories.
Are you interested in connecting with one or more of our Champions? Contact Emily Bouck, firstname.lastname@example.org.