Higher Learning Advocates Makes Statement of Support for Quality Higher Education Act

WASHINGTON (October 15, 2019) — Julie Peller, executive director of Higher Learning Advocates, made the following statement to express support for the Quality Higher Education Act introduced by Congresswoman Frederica Wilson:

“Today’s students deserve quality in whichever higher learning pathway they choose to earn their postsecondary degree or credential. The Quality Higher Education Act – introduced by Congresswoman Frederica Wilson – would ensure that institutions of higher education are being held accountable for the quality of education students receive. About 58 percent of today’s students earn their postsecondary degree within six years, but what about the other 42 percent? 

Higher Learning Advocates is encouraged by Congresswoman Wilson’s commitment to higher learning with the introduction of Quality Higher Education Act, which would require accrediting agencies to set rigorous standards on student outcomes based on a group of their peers, and would better hold institutions of higher education accountable for student success.”


Higher Learning Advocates is a nonprofit advocacy organization working to shift federal policy from higher education to higher learning—education and training beyond high school that leads to a degree, credential, or employment. While more students are participating in higher education than ever before, there is a vast and growing disconnect between federal policy and the needs of today’s students, employers, and communities. We are working toward federal policies that create transparent pathways to success, incentivize innovation, protect students and taxpayers, and improve outcomes.